The Rotate MD-80 is an aircraft simulation add-on for the X Plane Flight Simulator v10 by Laminar Research.
The first version of the Rotate MD-80 has been released. Get it here.
This simulation is a most accurate replica of the popular McDonnell Douglas aircraft, specifically the MD-88 variation. The realism of the 3D model and texture work is pure and delightful eye candy. The advanced systems simulation makes a solid experience for the exacting simmer.
- Route, departures and arrivals procedures (SIDs and STARs)
- Save and load route to/from text file
- Performance management, cost index and optimal altitude and speed calculation
- Custom VNAV. Climb, cruise and descend management with altitude and speed restrictions
- Takeoff and approach speed management
- Custom Navigation Display
- Improved autopilot with specific horizontal and vertical modes
- All EPR performance modes
- Flight Mode Annunciator
- Aerosoft NavDataPro (2014) included (for updated database third party subscription is needed)
- Power plant
- Pneumatic and pressurization
- Slat/flap controls with dial-a-flap feature
- Takeoff trim computer
- Customized alert and failures
- Highly detailed 3D cockpit, passenger cabin and exterior model
- Normal and specular maps for enhanced detail
- Thorough HD day and night textures
- Accurate animations, including wing flex animation
- All external and internal lights\
- A set of ten ultra-high resolution liveries, including a paint-kit
- A set of ten 2k down-sampled liveries
- 3D sound engine with stereo and Doppler effects
- High quality multi-layered engine sounds
- Cockpit ambient and custom alerts
See the complete feature list here.