Here the next post of the systems series. This time dedicated to the Air System. As always, have in mind that it is still a work in progress.
All pneumatic sources have been modeled. All relevant manifolds, valves and ducts that serve the Air Conditioning, Ventilation, Heating, Cabin Pressure and Anti-Ice systems, are driven by the Environmental System Controller. This provides functions for automatic and manual modes of said systems, like temperature control, pressurization schedule for all flight phases, engine start, pneumatic isolation, and failure detection. Airflow, temperature and pressure are computed for every relevant component and compartment.
These components have been simulated:
– Engines and APU bleed pressure regulating valves.
– Ground pneumatic sources.
– 3 Air System manifolds, CAC manifold and Trim Air manifold.
– 2 System isolation valves.
– 6 wing, tail and engines Anti-Ice valves and ducts.
– 3 Flow control valves.
– 2 Trim air pressure regulaing valves.
– 3 AC Packs and Ground AC Pack.
– AC manifold.
– 7 Ducts and Outlets for all cockpit, cabin and cargo compartments.
– Outflow valve and ram air doors.